Cylindrical dryers for pharmaceutical use
Tournaire’s Equipment Division produces vertical cylinder dryers of two types:
- with bottom-mounted stirrer
- or dome-mounted stirrer
with or without vertical movement.
They can be equipped with a lump-breaker.
Powder discharge by side chamber lock.
Field of application: pharmaceuticals.
The design of the dryer:
- Protects heat-sensitive materials by drying under vacuum at preset temperature
- Avoids conglomerate formation thanks to the lump-breaker
- Facilitates access to the interior by hydraulic opening of upper or lower door
- Ensures tightness of the shaft by double mechanical seal
- Avoids condensation by heating of the whole body and the filter
- Ensure tightness of the access door by O-ring or metal/metal contact
- Avoids carry-over of product particles to condenser and vacuum pump by use of a filter with pneumatic unclogging
- Cools dry product prior to discharge
- Ensures optimum safety conditions for product, staff and the environment.
Stirrer design facilitates:
- Reduction in drying time by adapting agitator rotation speed to product texture
- Homogenization of the product through efficient mixing of the whole mass whatever the viscosity
- Continuous renewal of product in contact with the heat-exchange surface
- Reduction of the quantity of product remaining in the unit after unloading.
- Heated stirrer
- Sampling cock for solids
- In-situ cleaning system
- Control of temperature and pressure
- Automation of production cycles
- Video display of the various stages of production
- Version for explosive atmospheres.
Additional equipment :
- Solvent trap
- Vacuum group with total recycling
Before shipping and installation on client premises a complete series of tests is performed in our laboratories to guarantee correct start-up and performance of the equipment.
More information? An appointment ? Click here